Whew what a week it’s been! Now that we are almost settled in at our new apartment, it’s time to return to normal: regular blogging and more importantly regular workouts/running.
I have a lot to catch up on, but I thought I would have some fun today courtesy of Chaitali, of Running and Enjoying the Journey, thanks to her Leibster award nomination
1. What inspires you to lead a fit lifestyle (however you interpret that)? Being a nurse. Everyday I work, I am exposed to what can happen if you don’t take care of yourself, and it’s terrifying.
2. Why did you start blogging? When I started to run in September 2010, I would read running blogs for tips and inspiration. I started my own blog in 2012 to document my progress and the rest is history…
3. What is the biggest obstacle you’ve overcome? In regards to running: this IT band injury! TOUGH lesson learned: don’t wait to treat an injury, and certainly don’t try training for a marathon with an injury.
4. Favorite vacation spot? I haven’t been to many places, but I absolutely loved Acadia National Park in Maine.
5. What is the one piece of gear or clothing that you would recommend a new runner purchase? Properly fitted shoes….and a good sports bra if you are a gal.
6. What was the last book you read and would recommend to others? Well textbooks consume my reading now (and I would not recommend any of them), but I’m starting Michael Pollan’s In the Defense of Food this evening.
7. What is your preferred way to spend a weekend? Outside….preferablly at a race
8. What is your favorite race you’ve run so far? The Wicked 10K has been my favorite race since 2010 (my second race I ever ran!) and I can’t wait to attempt a PR at this this year!
9. Puppies or kitties (or other)? puppies, I want all of the puppies!
10. What is a dream race on your bucket list? This is a tough question! The obvious would be Boston, but I would also love to do the Pumpkinman Triathlon in Maine….post race meal is Thanksgiving dinner and it doesn’t get better than that!
What race is on your bucket list?