Happy Friday! It’s been a busy, busy week!
This week I decided to participate in the Friday Five Link Up hosted by Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up for What?!, and Mar on the Run. I really enjoy reading these gals’ blogs and thought it would be a fun way to end the week.
1. Get Stronger. I’m currently in Stage 1 of The New Rules of Lifting for Women and loving it. Even though this week was a bust and I didn’t get to lift at all (I’m going to go with 9-10 hour work days and packing up our apartment as my workouts this week!), I plan on picking up right where I left off tomorrow morning.
2. Get Faster. I have some running goals, both long and short-term, and speed is numero uno on my list. I want a PR this year, particularly in the 10K distance and hopefully sub-50 minutes. I was thisclose to sub-50 in 2012 at the Wicked 10K, but marathon training and injury has set me back big time. This summer will be devoted to speed work, but first I need to…
3. Get Healthy. I’m still getting a little soreness to my left IT band after running, but at least there’s no true pain. I am confident lifting and gradually increasing my mileage will get me there.
4. Get Moving Early. One of my major goals this spring/summer is to run in the morning. We are moving in 5 days to a new apartment that has a running path right outside the door, so this should be an attainable goal. Also, I love the second wind I get around 3pm after running that morning, and I sleep so much better
5. Get Flexible. I’m the queen of inflexibility, especially in my hamstrings. I need to start doing something to stretch, whether it’s (duh) basic stretching or yoga, I’ve gotta get it done.
So there are my 5 fitness goals, what is one of yours?