Clearly, blogging isn’t my number one priority seeing that this is my first post since August 25th! Unfortunately, that kind of absence will likely be a normal thing for the time being since work is taking up 10+ hours of my Monday-Friday. I still owe you all a triathlon race report, it’s coming as soon as I get my pictures from the race (they were shipped on Friday!).
I’m really hopping to find more time to blog, but to be honest I’m having a hard enough time finding energy to get my workouts done. So though out the next few weeks if all you see from me is the occasional link up and a few race reports, you’ll know why. It will all fall into place, it will just take some time. I’m also working on a way to refocus my blog back to training, especially for my shorter distance races this fall and triathlons next year!
Fall is my FAVORITE time of year–the colors, the smells the cool crisp air–everything about it is just beautiful. It’s also my favorite time of year for races.
Here’s what I have on tap for this fall:
1. Neptune 8K–this is the first race on the docket for fall. It’s in Virginia Beach during the Neptune Festival. This will be my first time doing this race.
2. Wicked 10K–I’ve gushed about this J&A race enough in my blog, so I’ll keep it short and sweet. 10K = perfect distance and an October/Halloween themed race = most fun ever. If you are in the area, do it. You won’t be disappointed.
3. Richmond 8K–Since I’m not in half marathon shape, I decided to do the 8K. I love Richmond, and the Richmond Marathon Weekend is just so much fun, not to mention one of the most organized races I’ve ever participated in (Half marathon–Nov 2012).
4. Harbor Lights 5K–this is a new race by J&A Racing. It takes place in Norfolk in November. That’s all I really know about it.
5. Turkey trot–undecided, likely one in northern Virginia. Thanksgiving without a turkey trot just doesn’t seem like Thanksgiving to me anymore
What is on your race schedule this fall?